Evangelische Radwegekirche Blüthen

Radwegekirche

Contact

Zum Reitplatz 5, 19357 Karstädt GT Blüthen (map)
www.kirchenkreis-prignitz.de

Evangelische Radwegekirche Blüthen

The Protestant roadside church in Blüthen is a small medieval hall church from 1509 made of field stones with a stepped brick gable and a prefabricated wooden lattice tower from 1851. The northeastern stained-glass window is particularly noteworthy. There is no other like it in Brandenburg. The window was created in 1874 as a glass painting by Wilhelm Steinhausen (1846-1924). It shows a woman with a child in her arms in front of an open sarcophagus in a flat winter landscape. From the notes and letters of the painter Wilhelm Steinhausen it becomes clear that he visited his brother pastor Heinrich Steinhausen and his mother several times in Blüthen, most recently at Christmas 1872. Other works by him on canvas can be found in the Alte Nationalgalerie Berlin, in the Gemäldegalerie Dresden Neue Meister and in the Museum of Fine Arts in Leipzig. The window was extensively restored in 1995 by the Ilona Berkei company from Zeuthen. Two old bells from 1525 hang in the tower, the larger Maria in a halo, similar to the Maria bell in Perleberg.

Also worth seeing is the Pfarrhausmuseum Blüthen < / a>. A country pastor's life can be seen here in the midst of authentic or precisely reconstructed furnishings. Pictures tell of official acts, village festivals, weddings or parish conventions. The “souls” of the parish district have their say - villagers, teachers or the manor owners of Stavenow

Opening hours: Von Ostern bis zum Reformationstag hat die Kirche täglich von 9-17 Uhr geöffnet.

Cultur: Church

Foto: Tourismusverband Prignitz/Markus Tiemann
Foto: Tourismusverband Prignitz/Markus Tiemann
Museum Landpfarrhaus BlüthenFoto: Tourismusverband Prignitz/Markus Tiemann

Location

bus stop < 1000m, bike path < 1000m, quietly situated

Long distance bike tours: Elbe-Müritz-Rundweg (Elbe Müritz circular route)

Premium bike tours: Village Romanticism

Fotografie: Tourismusverband Prignitz/Markus Tiemann